- The extravagant tentacles on this octopus make him a prize catch! How wonderful for poolside or beach house décor. Meticulously hand-crafted by Kendy Bellony of Haiti.
- Recycled Indoor and Outdoor Steel Drum Iron Wall Art
- Color variations from dark silver to brown rustic tones.
- We are proud to support our artists through the practice of fair trade.
- Sea life Backyard Fence Décor
Handmade by Jimmy Dade. Each unique fair trade metal sculpture is hand- cut from recycled 55- gallon steel drums. To begin the process, both ends of the drum are removed and placed inside of the remaining cylinder, along with scrap paper and dried banana or sugar cane leaves. Next, the contents are set ablaze to burn off any paint or residue and strengthen the metal. When cooled, the drums are sliced down the side and flattened, effectively creating a “steel canvas” of approximately 3′ x 6′, upon which the design is drawn. Using a hammer, chisel and various other primitive tools, the desired image is cut out and decorative patterns are pounded into the metal. Finally, a weather-proof finish coating is applied, making these fascinating pieces of folk art perfect for displaying indoors or out. Though it is protected with a weather-proof finish, this sculpture will rust over time, if exposed to outdoor weather. To prevent this from happening, grab a can of spray on enamel at the hardware store and go to it. Once a year should be plenty. It’s a snap! All it takes to hang this metal sculpture is a few nails and a little know-how. Here’s the know-how part: Place the first nail within a closed or notched design element and hammer it into the wall. Using a second and even a third nail – if the sculpture is large – to straighten and secure the piece. Then, stand back and admire your work. That’s it!
|Product Dimensions||11 x 11 x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|